Monday, October 9, 2023

Jake Russel D. Reoliquio



Drifting for Opportunities


          Hi, I am Jake Russel D. Reoliquio from 10-Rizal. If there is something that could describe me, it is that I’m an opportunist. I don’t perform a lot and often times do nothing, however, is not because I’m lazy, well I am but I just wait for perfect scenarios where I can shine. Like a drifter waiting to wash up on shore. That can be seen during my academics. 

 

          I know my weaknesses and my strengths especially. So, I know when to shine during my studies. I’m not exceptionally smart nor intellectual but I’m still an upstanding student. Regardless of intellectual learnings I can be bizarre sometimes. My humor is what my friends described as “dark,” and my actions do not match my grades but if there is one perk I can prove is that I am conscious of everything I’ve done. 

 

           Though I am perfectly fine, my thoughts run like the wind, because of it I feel lonely sometimes. Like a drifter waiting for an opportunity, someone to share the same interests as me. I am quick to learn but always confused without help. Even if the odds are against me, I live by the risk and every risk will soon bring opportunities that I can conquer! Lastly, I am a hypocrite, so everything I say may be the opposite of what I preached and/or too lazy to do it all. 


  

Anyways here is the last chorus of a song I made: 

 

Can you hear it? The pulses of the living... 

The ironic rhythm is a grand orchestra! 

It’s never the same tone, who wants to stop this? 

There can’t be! 

 

When the violent storm is over... 

The blue sky is more beautiful than ever! 

You see? I want that, I want that... 

That’s all I want! 

 

I drift tonight (drift tonight) 

Carried by the waves, I’ll just be a black sea 

I drift tonight (drift tonight) 

(Please don’t stop the flow) please don’t stop the flow! 

 

I drift tonight with wandering trust 

(Carried by the waves) I will be a vast universe 

I drift tonight the finite one (finite) 

The finite one! And the infinite one!” 






REFERENCE:
    Blogger
 - https://www.blogger.com

9 comments:

Angelene said...

Everyone has their own unique way to shine. Keep shining, you’re doing great!

Ron Buenaventura said...

There is so much freedom of expression in this blog post you have written; you really expressed yourself to the fullest, and that's commendable!

Ron Buenaventura said...

You really expressed yourself well in this post, good job!

Ron Buenaventura said...

I can very well see that you have expressed yourself to the fullest in this blog post you have made!

Ron Buenaventura said...

It's nice how you freely expressed yourself in this blog post, very commendable!

Jake Russel D. Reolquio said...

Thank you random stranger who I don't know in my life.

Elisha said...

The way you describe yourself is amazing. And the song is actually quite impressive! Thank you for sharing it.

Raine said...

It's good to know more about you. Good luck on your journey!

Enrique Matthew V. Chan Jr. said...

It's great seeing you express yourself here, but it wouldn't hurt if you could also do so in real life. Anyway, good luck on your journey and continue to strive in life!

My Last Reflection: Time to Change

     It has been a very short but impactful year. I have met very wonderful people in my life, made little but proud academic achievements, ...